Thursday 23 June 2011

Bath And Beyond!

I'm currently writing this while eating a rather large and rather yummy stick of rock *drools*. It's awesome.

So today was actually quite exciting, it started off normal time but then instead of uniform I donned a Jack Wills t-shirt and a hoodie before heading off down the motorway to Bath University for their open day. On the way down me and my dad pretty much sorted out everything I need to put in my personal statement. Now all I have to do is actually write it.

 Anyway, once we arrived we wandered round lost for a little bit before finally pestering one of the student advisers for directions to the information fair which basically consisted off lots of little stalls advertising their course and such. I went over to the Biology one and started chatting to two postgrads who told me all these stories about their third year work placements. One of the guys told me all about his 6000 mile roadtrip across America at the end of the year. It sounded awesome.

After that we pottered over to the Biology department and chatted to some more students while peering at all the weird and wonderful creatures on display. There were fire bellied toads, fire salamanders, corn snakes, pythons, Axelotls (Which by the way are way bigger than I thought they were, like 30 cm long!), some geckos and some stick insects. It was really cool. Then we had a look around the accommodation which was all well and good.

After we left we went down to my gran's house because she lives nearby. My aunt came over too for lunch and we had a good old chat which was nice. This was when I got the giant stick of rock which I'm currently nomming on. It was like a gift to all the guests at a wedding my gran went to and she thought I'd like it.

Then we went and had a look round my Aunts house which they're building at the moment. It looks really cool, like something out of those grand design programs, just y'know not as massive and OTT. It's still gunna look really nice when it's finished.

All this only took us up to about 2 o'clock-ish. I know, we really packed it in. But we still weren't finished. Me and my Dad popped into Bath hospital to visit my dads uncle, my great uncle because hes been in hospital for the past week. So my dad had a nice chat with him and then had chat on the way out with my dad's cousin who was also at the hospital visiting.

As you can imagine it's been a long and tiring day, so I think I'm going to go and lie down and eat some more rock to give my feet a rest because I've been on them almost all day and they're absolutely killing me.

Good Night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment