Monday 30 May 2011

Landaaan Innit

As I mentioned yesterday I spent most of today toodling around London doing the typical touristy things with the parents.. We parked near the Ritz which was all being renovated and stuff so we didn't see inside much. Still managed to snap a picture of their name in lights. Then we walked off down to Regent Street then Shaftsbury Avenue. We ended up walking across Piccadilly Circus down to Covent Garden where we saw a load of street performers, the best was the one that was so still no one was actually paying any attention because we all just assumed was an actual statue. Then we had a nosey around the Jubilee Market which is full of little trinkets and stuff. It's a proper old style market where you have to haggle for everything. I didn't actually buy anything because I'm trying to save money for my holidays. Nevertheless, it was really great. Then we had lunch in a restaurant on the roof which was really nice. Then we meandered over to Trafalgar Square where we had saw Nelsons Column, the 2012 Olympic clock and then had a look around the National Gallery. Was it weird that when I looked at The Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gough, all I could think of was the episode of Doctor Who, "Vincent And The Doctor"? Then we went to China Town which smelt absolutely bloody gorgeous. It was a total nosegasm, they should bottle that smell and sell it, they would make a fortune honestly. Then we went home and sat on telly. Anyway, I thought I'd show you a few pictures I snapped along the way. Sorry for the shoddy quality, the camera on my phone sucks.











This is the theatre which is currently showing Shrek The Musical, it was right next to where we had lunch and I thought it looked really cool.











Heres good old Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square.











Here are the lions at the base of the column with Big Ben in the background.










This is the 2012 Olympic countdown clock that famously broke after three hours of being turned on.










I dunno if you can see, but this street was called William IV Street and I though that was pretty cool :)


Good Night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment