Sunday 1 May 2011

Harry Potter Alliance

Wow, its late once again. I'm getting really bad at the whole blogging early thing. Don't blame me, blame the massive amount of days we've had recently. It just results in me being lazy and putting off blogging until right before I get in bed and watch Doctor Who again. Before you judge me it's research for a video. I hopefully should be filming it tomorrow and editing and stuff. I even have a like a whole load of notes for it. Just to warn you it will be an intense nerdgasm and unless you watched the first two episodes of Doctor Who it wont make any sense.

Sorry, I promised all you non-whovians that I wouldn't talk about Doctor Who today. I'll try not to for the rest of this post.

Instead of that I shall instead talk about Harry Potter. Well, not actually Harry Potter itself, but the Harry Potter Alliance. They're a charity that uses the Harry Potter fandom to make the world a better place and generally decrease world suck. Every few month they chose a 'horcrux', which is basically something bad in the world that they will focus their efforts on to help prevent. Previous ones have included low self esteem, bullying and low wages in third world countries. Today they announced their new horcrux which is child slavery. They have begun campaigning to stop large companies from being allowed to exploit children for profit. They're a really good charity and I think you should go and check them out. They have some great patrons namely John Green and Evanna Lynch. Speaking of which she wrote a really great post for one of their horcurxes which you can check out HERE!!!!

Anyway, I'll see you around.

Good Night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment