Tuesday 21 June 2011

Cardboard Boxes

Huzzah! I haz teh mad skillz innit.

Is that how you talk gangster? I can never be sure with this 'hip-hop' lingo, I try to keep up but you know how it get, it all builds up so darn quickly.

Anyway, in reference to my 'mad skillz' I actually did some things today. Y'know those things. No the other ones. Yeah those ones. Yeah I used my epic man skills of being a techie and a chippy almost simultaneously. For those of you born before 1990, a techie is someone who has some technological ability and for those who don't understand slang, a chippie is a carpenter. The reason I was being a techie was because some furniture my parents ordered arrived today including a new TV stand which needed all the TV peripherals and accessories to be wired through it and then everything plugged back in. I know it wasn't the most technologically challenging thing in the world but my Mum didn't want to do in case she broke something. Actually now that I think about it I think I was just her insurance policy, so that if anything did break she could just blame it on me. Anyway, so after sorting all the telly and stuff, I turned my attention to the new, big, heavy table that needed some assembly. So, after some faffing around with a spanner and some nuts and bolts it was all ready to be eaten off. The one thing that I wasn't happy was the severe lack of playing in the boxes. When I was growing up I could have spent hours playing in the boxes the table and chair, I mean they were huge, I could have made an entire fortress out of them. Damn you age, making it unacceptable for a 16 yr old to play in cardboard boxes. I am also slightly worried because as my mum walked in and saw the boxes, the first thing she said was "You could probably hide a body in there".

Should I be worried?

No comments:

Post a Comment