Tuesday 22 February 2011

So... Very... Sleepy...

Hello Guys and Gals

Dear GOD I'm tired. Like actually could fall asleep at any moment.

*Thunk....snore.....snore....snore*

Ah, why didn't you wake me up?

Jeez, you just can't get the staff these days can you?

Anyway, day two of work experience. Was surprisingly good. Well, compared to yesterday it was. Got in before my PHD student shadower type person got there, so I was sat waiting, having a chat with some of the other PHD students. But then we got down to business imprinting DNA into a gell as well as a chemical ladder. It required massive precision, as you can imagine, I failed miserably. Never mind, no real harm done. Then, I went for a chat with a uni student who was there as part of her year in industry, we bumped into Nick on the way down to the cafeteria bit and what was intended to be a 20 minute chat about uni turned into an hour long conversation about some analysis method called a Western. I think I grasped about 20-25% of what they said, but it was interesting nonetheless. Then I went back to my PHD student and got the results of the gell thing we did earlier. It didn't work and we weren't sure why.

That was roughly the point when my PHD student ran out of things to show me, so I transfered to another student who was studying sexual development stuff. She took me into the cold store which one area was -4 degrees C which wasn't too bad. What was bad was the section that was at -20 degrees. Twas rather chilly to say the least. Then we did some interesting stuff to do with creating primers and DNA stuff. Then we did some more interesting stuff and then went home.



Now imma go sleep

Good Night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment