Sunday 24 April 2011

A Good Old Day At The Ruggah!!!

So, today's post is going to actually be two posts. One  to make up for not writing one last night and one for tonight. This post is actually going to be the former of the two.

As I mentioned two days ago, my grandparents have come to visit for Easter. Then yesterday, my cousins came to visit so we could go to Twickenham and watch the Bath Vs. Wasps St George's day rugby match. So they rocked up at ours about 11ish which was about three hours before we had to leave for the match. That left us with plenty of time to have a barbecue and my gave my uncle enough time to get his chainsaw out and cut some offending branches off of a tree in our garden. After he had done that, we decided that the entire tree was actually quite offending and therefore we cut the whole thing down too. It didn't quite go to plan, we tied a big bit of rope around it and me and my grandad were pulling the tree in the direction that we wanted it to fall, right in the gap between the fence and another tree in our garden. Unfortunately when it did decide to fall, it completely ignored our efforts and fell straight into the other tree. To be honest it didn't really matter because my mum really doesn't like that tree anyway. So that filled up the time before we had to leave. I hopped in my dads convertible along with my dad, my brother and my cousin. I know I'm going to sound like a girl once I've said it, but driving down the motorway at 70mph in a convertible really messes up your hair.

Anyway, we soon got to the stadium and discovered it to be absolutely boiling hot. We meandered around the stalls and stuff surrounding the stadium before heading inside to find our seats. Unfortunately our seats were in the east stand which meant that the sun was blaring into our faces while the rest of the stadium sat in the shade. It was unbearably hot, so hot that we were actually watching the sun set and the shade creep towards us. Seeing as it was St George's Day there was some suitably patriotic pre-match entertainment. One of the coolest ones was the paratroopers that abseiled from the roof of the stadium holding the St George's flag. There were two guys doing it on each of the corners, was quite impressive. Anyway, the game was really good and Bath (my team) won and I was happy. Then we went home and did some other fun stuff, but this post is long enough and I have another one to write still.

Good Night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment