Thursday 28 April 2011

WHERES YOUR SENSE OF NATIONAL IDENTITY?

So is everyone all excited for the royal wedding? I would be had I a place to go and celebrate it at *hint hint* I'm tempted to go into London with some of my friends, but the only problem with that is that they're planning on leaving at a ridiculous hour in the morning to get a good seat apparently. I don't know why seeing as all the good places are already filled by those who are camped outside Westminster Abbey. But still, I'm still feeling rather patriotic right now, God Save The Queen and all that. I don't really understand all of those people that don't like the royals. WHERES YOUR SENSE OF NATIONAL IDENTITY? I know they don't have any power and they're ornamental but still, Britain has had a monarchy for over a thousand years and we're currently one of the few countries to still have that. Now, for me I'm incredibly proud of that and think we should keep them. I mean, individually they don't cost us that much, I think I heard somewhere that they only cost us the same amount as buying one kitkat every year. Now, that isn't much is it? And think of all the royalties (unintentional pun) they bring in from other countries jealous of our amazing royal                  family. The ones I find the funniest are the Americans who are obsessed with them, the thing is they used  
to be the monarchs of America but then the Americans kicked them out. Bet you regret that now don't you?

I think we need more days like this, I mean patriotic holidays. Most other countries have their own national holidays, the Americans have the 4th of July, Australians have Australia Day and the French have Bastille Day. I think we should have our own version. National Lets Get Horribly Drunk In The Name Of Patriotism Day perhaps? I dunno I'll let you mull that one over.

Good Night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment