Saturday 9 April 2011

Reminiscing About Flatpack

Hey Hey Kids

So today was yet another glorious day in our little corner of the world and rather than being lazy and boring, I decided to head out into the big wide world for a little excursion in the sun. I met up with Tom in town and we both toodled off into Reading. We had to buy some presents and stuff for people so we decided that we would go shopping first and then go find some food. That plan lasted long enough for us to walk from the station to the high street, where we promptly decided we were hungry and headed to the pasty shop. We had some lunch and had a bit of a bitch session about anything we could think of. So that was fun. After we'd finished we popped into the Early Learning so I could look for something but it got awkward when all of the parents started staring at us like we were sexual predators of some sort leading us to quickly evacuate the premises before the parental mob chased us out with pitch forks and burning torches. We carried on shopping for a while before we eventually had everything we needed and headed home.

Unfortunately for me I couldn't just slob out and do nothing once I got home. You see, while I was out, my parents had gone to the garden center and bough one of those big swing chair things (By the way, the one in the picture isn't the actual one we got) which was of course flat packed and required lots of assembly. Although most of the pieces appeared to be all identical, it turned out that they were each subtly different so we had to completely disassemble the entire thing about 8 times. Not fun. But still, I managed to get it all done and finished using my amazing flat pack skills which have helped me many a time, when the instructions have failed me. Oh the good old days *reminisces about flatpack*.


So that was about my day, I've wrapped all of the presents that I bought today and they're all sat behind me in a pile. All that's left is to give them to their intended recipients. I think that's it for today.

Good Night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment